Skip to main content

November 8, 2019
It was a good morning because last night I successfully resisted a bag of sour cream lays that was in the cupboard. I've enlisted my whole family to help with my diet so there is no way I could eat those chips in front of them. My husband told my daughter to go take a shower and then he asked me if I wanted him to sit with me and watch TV or if he should go exercise. I quickly said, Go Exercise, because with both of them gone, I could sneak into the kitchen and eat the chips. I could already taste the salt and oil in my mouth, yum. Then my husband said, no, I'll stay with you. After about 10 minutes I said, I'm going to bed. I confessed that if I didn't go to bed right then, I would eat the chips. By the time my husband went to the garage to work out, my daughter got out of the shower. So I laid in bed whimpering over my foiled plan to eat the chips. I told my daughter to take the chips out of the cupboard and hide them somewhere lest I sleepwalk. I also told her that the eating part of my day was over so if she sees me walk to the kitchen, she is to run over to me and scream, get out. She loved that. And with that, I fell asleep. A good night's rest and minimal mess-ups, I am down another .5 lbs.

Today we are having a 130 5th grade students visit our college campus. There is FOOD EVERYWHERE. I walked by a table and almost popped a spice drop in my mouth. Instead, I thought of this blog and took a picture of the spice drops to share how with you how I resisted the urge. Then I passed a table full of breakfast snacks. My favorite is granola bars. Instead of grabbing one, I took a picture of the table. Maybe I'm starting a new diet trend called The Photo Blog Diet. It's where you take a picture of what you want to eat and instead of eating it, you tell your loved ones about how much food you resisted throughout the day. Honestly, it keeps my hands full so I can't grab food because I'm balancing the camera, and it keeps me accountable.



We had a bowl of yummy looking sugary fruit in the breakroom. I say sugary because it wasn't berries which is a much healthier choice, it was pineapple, grapes, and honeydew melon which are the highest in sugar. In fact, diabetes patients are told to avoid grapes at all costs.


And just when I passed all the tables and turned the corner to head towards my office, I ran into a coworker that was having a meeting with breakfast sandwiches from Panera. Not just any breakfast sandwiches but sausage, ham, and bacon breakfast sandwiches. And as always is the case in my department, he ordered way more food than there are attendees, so there are plenty of leftovers to tempt me for the next couple of days.

I politely declined and quickly excused myself. I did get a cup of coffee with my customary half n half added before 10am. To be honest, on my way back from an errand to accounting, I had to pass the big food table with buckets for the 5th time and I grabbed an apple. For some reason that was the best apple, I have ever had in my life. Most likely because it is the first thing I ate since yesterday night. But nevertheless, a good apple.

Now I am eagerly waiting for 10 am to roll around so I can run to the breakroom and make my breakfast. I have a choice of three bowls waiting for me. I can have an Asian salad, noodles, or a vegetable bowl. Guess what was waiting for me in the breakroom? You guessed it, bagels from Panera. So I used my ol' camera trick and took a picture instead of eating it. My favorite Panera bagel is the cinnamon crunch bagel (430 calories) with honey walnut cream cheese spread (130 calories), just one bagel with cream cheese on both sides of the bagel is 690 calories! Instead, I ate a GoBowl from Vons with teriyaki Japanese style noodles, 350 calories. Vons has a lot of great options these days.

Regarding water. I forgot my water bottle today so I found two 16.9 ounce water bottles in one of the meeting rooms. I know that my regular water bottle is 32 oz and I need to drink 4 a day. I figured that I need to drink 8 of these little bottles in order to reach my water goal. My goodness, it's already 11:34 and I've only drunk 1 bottle. 7 more to go. The Japanese noodles let me a bit hungry but now that I drank a 16.9 oz bottle of water I am full. Hmmm. I should have been adding water into my diet all along. It's so frustrating that I know these things but I don't do them. Oh well. The buck stops here. I'm going to down one more water bottle before I get back to work.

My plan is:
10:00 am Breakfast / 32 oz water
1:00 am   Lunch / 32 oz water
4:00 am   Dinner / 32 oz water
6:00 am   32 oz water

I've been tucked away at my desk, safe and sound from the bad food that surrounds me. I did run over to the front office to print some stuff and there were big vats of Mexican food being served to children. No thanks! I kept my head down and kept moving. Now it's time for lunch. This time I'm going to drink my two 16 oz bottles of water before I eat. Here goes.




Comments