Skip to main content


November 6, 2019

The World of Breakfast Burritos | There are a lot of breakfast burritos out there. We plan to ...Today is the first day of the Mar Wars: Fat Battle. It is amazing how much food I have to turn down in a day. I arrived at work greeted with a breakfast egg burrito with a side of tater tots and salsa dipping sauce. I watched everyone eat their burritos while we talked. I had my first coffee at 10:00 am on the dot, with a splash of half n half. While folks were eating breakfast, someone brought up lunch orders. One guy asked for an Acai bowl and although I had my chicken and broccoli lunch from home, I asked for an Acai bowl too. Shortly after we got the call that the Cafe is out of Acai, so I took it as a sign from God to eat my homemade lunch instead.

I ate my lunch at 11:43pm and realized that I have not had one drop of water all day. I served myself a second cup of coffee with a second splash of half n half and hurried to my office to down as much water as possible.

With half of the day still ahead of me, I've had to turn down a breakfast burrito, tater tots, any lunch I want from the Rio Cafe, snacks and sugar-sweetened beverages. Throughout the morning as I was tempted, I kept saying to myself, "why do you want to lose weight?" it helped me resist because I visualized a thinner me, having fun with my family, for many years to come. For today, my "why" has to do with living longer and feeling great.


9 New Healthy Snacks Reviewed, Including SkinnyPop | ChatelaineAbout one hour after lunch, it was time to head down to my board meeting. On the way down I stopped to say goodbye to some friends who were leaving with a big bag full of snacks. My friends were all standing around saying goodbye to one another with snacks in their hands. I reached into the bag and noticed that the snacks were skinny popcorn.  

Halloween Candy Recipes – Crown and ShieldI didn't read the label but the packaging looked safe so I grabbed one. There is nothing wrong with skinny popcorn but it was a bit of a gateway.

Let me explain. I had resisted so much all morning that when I ate the skinny popcorn the synapses in my brain started firing endorphins to the pleasure centers and a feeling that the fast was over permeated my body. So, when I arrived at my meeting and saw a big bag of leftover Halloween candy in front of me, I immediately grabbed a rice Krispy treat. Then when they decided to pass the bag around the table so that everyone could get something, I snatched two more rice Krispy treats and two more chocolates. I feel like I swallowed them whole! I didn't even have time to think about my "why" it all happened so fast.
17 Best images about CaUgHt in the Act! (animals) on Pinterest | Cats, The act and Polar bears
I shook it off and kept going, determined not to mess up again. When I got back to the break room two hours later, there were oatmeal cookies on the table. FRESHLY BAKED. I grabbed one fast and ran, like a raccoon.

Until I sat down to write this article, I forgot about the popcorn, rice crispy treats, candy and cookies I ate. Funny how my mind likes to let things go. When I got home I confessed some of this but not all of this. I left out the popcorn, rice crispy treats, candy, and cookies. I ate some cauliflower and went to bed hungry but determined to do better tomorrow.




Comments